These Loaded Chilli Fries are great to share with some friends! I always change up the chilli recipe so once you've got this basic one down start to experiment with it!
Ingredients (for the fries):
2/3 Large Potatoes | 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika | 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper | 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
Ingredients (for the chilli):
1 x Tin Green Lentils | 1 x Tin Tomatoes | 250g Mushrooms | 2 x Crushed Garlic Cloves | 1 x Onion | 1 x Chilli / Jalapeños | 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika | 1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper | 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder | 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
To Serve (Optional):
Vegan Cheese | Sour Cream | Avocado
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 180C.
- Wash and chop your potatoes into chunky chips.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Then season with smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper. Then bake in the oven until golden and crispy (35-40 mins depending on how chunky your chips are).
- In a pot fry off your onion in a little bit of olive oil.
- Dice up your mushrooms and add to the pot with the crushed garlic. After 2 minutes, add your tin tomatoes and spices.
- Once the tomatoes have reduced and the sauce is looking a lot thicker add your green lentils and stir through.
- Serve up your chips with the chilli on top and jalapeños. If you want to go a step further, I serve mine with vegan cheese, sour cream and guacamole.